Barnstaple bakery brings buns to NHS
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple’s East and West Bakery is still working and busy delivering bread and buns around the community, including to NHS staff at the hospital.
The Butchers Row bakery is only open from 8am to 10am each morning, for customers to pick up orders placed by phone the day before and is not doing walk in trade.
Owners Graham and Claire Principe are doing their best to continue through the coronavirus lockdown but also to help their community.
On Wednesday, April 1 they delivered 200 hot cross buns to staff at North Devon District Hospital and hope to deliver more before Easter.
Graham said: “They always go over and above and I think they do a fantastic job – and I think its proven now how brave our health service is.”
You may also want to watch:
Graham is currently self-isolating, being aged over 70, and Claire is running the business day to day.
They are also doing deliveries to various community hub locations, including West Down Community Shop, John Patts in Braunton, Orchard Farm Shop at St John’s Ashford and Newport and Brayford Methodist Church.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
To place an order for next day collection, call 01271 377577 and state your name, order and phone number.