Barnstaple author's new book helps people make a fresh start
FOR anyone who has reached a crossroads in their career and is looking for a fresh start in 2010, the answer could be found in a new book by Barnstaple-based freelance journalist Nic Paton. The Complete Career Makeover is tlatest publication from The Guar
FOR anyone who has reached a crossroads in their career and is looking for a fresh start in 2010, the answer could be found in a new book by Barnstaple-based freelance journalist Nic Paton.
The Complete Career Makeover is tlatest publication from The Guardian's acclaimed series of reference guides.
Offering easy-to-follow advice that pulls no punches, it clears a path through the current climate of economic and jobs' uncertainty to look at all the major questions people need to be asking before they take the plunge, how to get started on the career change journey and how to turn dreams into a reality.
You may also want to watch:
Packed with expert advice and useful contacts as well as a multitude of personal stories from career changers who have "been there, done that," The Complete Career Makeover is being published on January 7 by Guardian Books and Random House.
Nic Paton has been an award-winning journalist for the past 19 years, writing predominantly on business, employment, education, money and health.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 5 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 6 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
As well as working for many national newspapers, professional publications and websites, he has contributed to previous Guardian reference guides, including The Guardian Postgraduate Guide (2009). He lives in Barnstaple and, away from the day job, is currently studying for an MA at Exeter University.