Barnstaple Army Careers Office up for sale
- Credit: Archant
New government property website reveals MOD is selling Litchdon Street premises.
THE Army Careers Office in Barnstaple is being sold at auction on Thursday, February 7, it has been revealed.
The sale of the Litchdon Street property by the Ministry of Defence came to light via the launch on Friday of a new website that lets the people see what government property is available to buy or rent in their area.
“We’re making the civil service more efficient and cutting waste, as a result we will have a number of properties both owned and rented that we need to do more with,” said the Minister for Political and Constitutional Reform, Chloe Smith, as she launched the website.
“Not only will this website help to save government money but we will see new opportunities, jobs and growth in local economies as new life is brought into empty, unused properties.”
You may also want to watch:
The nearest local Army Careers Office is now Exeter.
The Barnstaple office closed in mid-November and the nearest local Army Careers Office is now Exeter.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
The new website also reveals surplus land next to North Devon District Hospital is being sold by Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, with a planning application in for permission to build houses there.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is also selling Forest Hill House in Bideford for £450,000.