Barnstaple Army Careers Office up for sale
- Credit: Archant
New government property website reveals MOD is selling Litchdon Street premises.
THE Army Careers Office in Barnstaple is being sold at auction on Thursday, February 7, it has been revealed.
The sale of the Litchdon Street property by the Ministry of Defence came to light via the launch on Friday of a new website that lets the people see what government property is available to buy or rent in their area.
“We’re making the civil service more efficient and cutting waste, as a result we will have a number of properties both owned and rented that we need to do more with,” said the Minister for Political and Constitutional Reform, Chloe Smith, as she launched the website.
“Not only will this website help to save government money but we will see new opportunities, jobs and growth in local economies as new life is brought into empty, unused properties.”
You may also want to watch:
The nearest local Army Careers Office is now Exeter.
The Barnstaple office closed in mid-November and the nearest local Army Careers Office is now Exeter.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
The new website also reveals surplus land next to North Devon District Hospital is being sold by Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, with a planning application in for permission to build houses there.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is also selling Forest Hill House in Bideford for £450,000.