School pupils to hold climate change strikes in Barnstaple and Bideford
- Credit: Matt Smart
School pupils in Barnstaple and Bideford will be striking against climate change on Friday, May 24, and are urging people to join them.
Barnstaple students Harvey Hennessy, 15, and Molly Elliott, 15, have organised the Barnstaple Climate Strike with help and support from Extinction Rebellion North Devon and Plastic Free North Devon.
They are urging other young people to join them at 11am outside North Devon Leisure Centre for speeches.
They will then set off through Barnstaple at 11.30am.
A secomd strike is also taking place in Bideford, meeting outside of Riverbank House at 11am.
You may also want to watch:
Harvey said: "North Devon is part of the Biosphere and is an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty and should be setting an inspirational example to others and should be leading the way."
You can also follow @fridaysforfuture.barnstaple on Instagram and Fridays For Future Barnstaple on Facebook.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival