Barn fire believed to be deliberate
Fire fighters fight blaze near Barnstaple last night.
THE cause of a barn fire involving a tractor last night (Mon) is currently under investigation.
Fire fighters were called to the scene on Old Bideford Road on the outskirts of Barnstaple at around 10.55pm.
The galvanised barn measuring 10m by 5m was well alight when the crews arrived the scene.
A police spokesman said the fire was believed to be ‘of doubtful origin’ and officers were investigating possible causes including arson.
You may also want to watch:
Crews used two hose reel jets to battle the blaze, which destroyed a tractor and various other machinery.
The fire was put out and officers returned to base at 1.10am.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home