Bankers give £5,000 to Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Purple Patch: Santander presents appeal with donation through its Community Plus grants fund.
BANKING giant Santander was delighted to make a deposit of its own for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
The money came from the Santander Foundation’s Community Plus grant scheme after the appeal was nominated by James Rowles, website manager for Northern Devon Healthcare Trust.
“Community Plus allows our staff and customers to nominate local charities that are most in need of assistance,” said Santander Barnstaple branch manager Lisa Tollett.
“We are delighted to be supporting the Chemotherapy Appeal and hope the donation makes a real difference to local people.”
You may also want to watch:
The Community Plus fund provides grants of up to £5,000 to small, local charities with funding available to cover salaries, equipment or materials. More information about the fund can be found at www.santanderfoundation.org.uk
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford