Bankers give £5,000 to Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Purple Patch: Santander presents appeal with donation through its Community Plus grants fund.
BANKING giant Santander was delighted to make a deposit of its own for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
The money came from the Santander Foundation’s Community Plus grant scheme after the appeal was nominated by James Rowles, website manager for Northern Devon Healthcare Trust.
“Community Plus allows our staff and customers to nominate local charities that are most in need of assistance,” said Santander Barnstaple branch manager Lisa Tollett.
“We are delighted to be supporting the Chemotherapy Appeal and hope the donation makes a real difference to local people.”
You may also want to watch:
The Community Plus fund provides grants of up to £5,000 to small, local charities with funding available to cover salaries, equipment or materials. More information about the fund can be found at www.santanderfoundation.org.uk
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's