Banburys of Barnstaple supports local charities
Staff at Barnstaple business raise �3,500 for good causes.
BIG-HEARTED staff at Banburys in Barnstaple have collected �3,000 for local charities and good causes after a year of fund raising.
Each year the staff council decides on chosen charities the business - which includes the Banburys High Street store, furniture shop and warehouse - will support.
For 2011 the team settled on Help for Heroes, Macmillan, Carewise and North Devon women’s Aid.
As well as a grand Christmas raffle at the end of the year, staff also held sales of books, cakes and recycled items to raise money.
You may also want to watch:
“We always try and keep our donations to the North Devon area,” said Tina Jenkin of Banburys.
“Usually charities are suggested because they have meaning to somebody who works here, but all the staff are very generous, it’s one big team effort.”
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland