Banburys of Barnstaple supports local charities
Staff at Barnstaple business raise �3,500 for good causes.
BIG-HEARTED staff at Banburys in Barnstaple have collected �3,000 for local charities and good causes after a year of fund raising.
Each year the staff council decides on chosen charities the business - which includes the Banburys High Street store, furniture shop and warehouse - will support.
For 2011 the team settled on Help for Heroes, Macmillan, Carewise and North Devon women’s Aid.
As well as a grand Christmas raffle at the end of the year, staff also held sales of books, cakes and recycled items to raise money.
You may also want to watch:
“We always try and keep our donations to the North Devon area,” said Tina Jenkin of Banburys.
“Usually charities are suggested because they have meaning to somebody who works here, but all the staff are very generous, it’s one big team effort.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal