Banbury’s staff help give cancer the KO
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple department store rallies for cancer charity.
STAFF at Banburys in Barnstaple have been pulling out the stops to help local people affected by cancer.
The team at the family-run department store have rallied in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support in support of colleague Jan Moore, who has recently fought the disease.
Personnel manager Jan said: “It was a really challenging time for me, especially after I finished treatment when your biggest fear is the cancer coming back.
“We want to do as much as we can to help local people facing this fight.”
The High Street store has already raised £2,500 for the charity this year and tomorrow (Friday), is holding a ‘Beauty or Bust’ fund-raiser in the lingerie department from 10am to 4pm.
Customers will be offered advice from specialists on lingerie and swimwear, make up and skin care tips, as well as coffee and cake.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 6 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 10 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
Sian Harris, Macmillan’s local fundraising manager, said: “We are so grateful for the support we have received from Banbury’s.
“We need more services in Devon to help people fight cancer and we can only do this by raising money.
“Every day in Devon and Cornwall 27 people hear the words ‘you have cancer’ and at Macmillan we want to ensure that none of them face this fight alone.”