Banbury’s staff help give cancer the KO
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple department store rallies for cancer charity.
STAFF at Banburys in Barnstaple have been pulling out the stops to help local people affected by cancer.
The team at the family-run department store have rallied in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support in support of colleague Jan Moore, who has recently fought the disease.
Personnel manager Jan said: “It was a really challenging time for me, especially after I finished treatment when your biggest fear is the cancer coming back.
“We want to do as much as we can to help local people facing this fight.”
You may also want to watch:
The High Street store has already raised £2,500 for the charity this year and tomorrow (Friday), is holding a ‘Beauty or Bust’ fund-raiser in the lingerie department from 10am to 4pm.
Customers will be offered advice from specialists on lingerie and swimwear, make up and skin care tips, as well as coffee and cake.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Sian Harris, Macmillan’s local fundraising manager, said: “We are so grateful for the support we have received from Banbury’s.
“We need more services in Devon to help people fight cancer and we can only do this by raising money.
“Every day in Devon and Cornwall 27 people hear the words ‘you have cancer’ and at Macmillan we want to ensure that none of them face this fight alone.”