I was pleased to see someone had written about skateboarding in Jubilee Square (Gazette, June 20).
I found the same trying to cross this area last Saturday; there were at least five of them and others just lounging on the chairs.
They had no intention of stopping what they were doing even though I wasn’t the only person trying to walk by.
They already have a skateboard area at Bank End which, no doubt, cost a considerable sum to erect.
So come on: ban them now, before someone gets hurt.
You may also want to watch:
(I am not a killjoy).
Mrs J Lane
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs