Balcony fire in three-storey Ilfracombe house
- Credit: Archant
Three fire engines were scrambled to tackle the fire which was spotted by a passer-by.
FIRE crews were called out to Ilfracombe yesterday evening (Sunday) after a passerby spotted a fire on a first floor balcony in Torrs Park.
Three fire engines from Ilfracombe and Woolacombe and an aerial platform from Barnstaple were scrambled to the scene at around 8pm.
Fire fighters found a fire on the balcony of a three-storey property which was beginning to affect the building.
No residents were at the scene, and crews used two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a main jet to fight the blaze and a saw for cutting away.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was believed to have been caused by accident.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail