Balcony fire in three-storey Ilfracombe house
- Credit: Archant
Three fire engines were scrambled to tackle the fire which was spotted by a passer-by.
FIRE crews were called out to Ilfracombe yesterday evening (Sunday) after a passerby spotted a fire on a first floor balcony in Torrs Park.
Three fire engines from Ilfracombe and Woolacombe and an aerial platform from Barnstaple were scrambled to the scene at around 8pm.
Fire fighters found a fire on the balcony of a three-storey property which was beginning to affect the building.
No residents were at the scene, and crews used two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a main jet to fight the blaze and a saw for cutting away.
The fire was believed to have been caused by accident.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?