Balcony fire in three-storey Ilfracombe house
- Credit: Archant
Three fire engines were scrambled to tackle the fire which was spotted by a passer-by.
FIRE crews were called out to Ilfracombe yesterday evening (Sunday) after a passerby spotted a fire on a first floor balcony in Torrs Park.
Three fire engines from Ilfracombe and Woolacombe and an aerial platform from Barnstaple were scrambled to the scene at around 8pm.
Fire fighters found a fire on the balcony of a three-storey property which was beginning to affect the building.
No residents were at the scene, and crews used two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a main jet to fight the blaze and a saw for cutting away.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was believed to have been caused by accident.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern