Bail for youths arrested in connection with damage to cars in Barnstaple
TWO boys, aged 16 and 15 and a 13-year-old girl have been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage in the Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple, in the small hours of Thursday morning. All three are to return to Barnstapl
TWO boys, aged 16 and 15 and a 13-year-old girl have been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage in the Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple, in the small hours of Thursday morning.
All three are to return to Barnstaple Police Station on October 15.
Officers received a 999 call at 3.30am on Thursday from a householder who reported that a group of youths were kicking wing mirrors as they walked along in the Barton Road area of Whiddon Valley.
At least 14 cars were damaged. Police searched the area and made three arrests a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Paul Jones said: "While the damage was fairly minor, it is extremely annoying, inconvenient and expensive for the victims.
"We would like to hear from any witnesses, or from anyone wanting to report further incidents of damage,"
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 123 20/8.