Bail for youths arrested in connection with damage to cars in Barnstaple
TWO boys, aged 16 and 15 and a 13-year-old girl have been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage in the Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple, in the small hours of Thursday morning. All three are to return to Barnstapl
TWO boys, aged 16 and 15 and a 13-year-old girl have been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage in the Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple, in the small hours of Thursday morning.
All three are to return to Barnstaple Police Station on October 15.
Officers received a 999 call at 3.30am on Thursday from a householder who reported that a group of youths were kicking wing mirrors as they walked along in the Barton Road area of Whiddon Valley.
At least 14 cars were damaged. Police searched the area and made three arrests a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Paul Jones said: "While the damage was fairly minor, it is extremely annoying, inconvenient and expensive for the victims.
"We would like to hear from any witnesses, or from anyone wanting to report further incidents of damage,"
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 123 20/8.