Bail for youths arrested in connection with damage to cars in Barnstaple
TWO boys, aged 16 and 15 and a 13-year-old girl have been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage in the Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple, in the small hours of Thursday morning. All three are to return to Barnstapl
TWO boys, aged 16 and 15 and a 13-year-old girl have been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage in the Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple, in the small hours of Thursday morning.
All three are to return to Barnstaple Police Station on October 15.
Officers received a 999 call at 3.30am on Thursday from a householder who reported that a group of youths were kicking wing mirrors as they walked along in the Barton Road area of Whiddon Valley.
At least 14 cars were damaged. Police searched the area and made three arrests a short time later.
Sgt Paul Jones said: "While the damage was fairly minor, it is extremely annoying, inconvenient and expensive for the victims.
"We would like to hear from any witnesses, or from anyone wanting to report further incidents of damage,"
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 3 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 4 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 5 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 6 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 7 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 8 Snell returns to inspire comfortable win for Bideford
- 9 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 10 Nature conservation work in Fremington requires volunteers
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 123 20/8.