Bail for youths arrested in connection with damage to cars in Barnstaple
TWO boys, aged 16 and 15 and a 13-year-old girl have been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage in the Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple, in the small hours of Thursday morning. All three are to return to Barnstapl
TWO boys, aged 16 and 15 and a 13-year-old girl have been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage in the Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple, in the small hours of Thursday morning.
All three are to return to Barnstaple Police Station on October 15.
Officers received a 999 call at 3.30am on Thursday from a householder who reported that a group of youths were kicking wing mirrors as they walked along in the Barton Road area of Whiddon Valley.
At least 14 cars were damaged. Police searched the area and made three arrests a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Paul Jones said: "While the damage was fairly minor, it is extremely annoying, inconvenient and expensive for the victims.
"We would like to hear from any witnesses, or from anyone wanting to report further incidents of damage,"
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 123 20/8.