Bags of thanks!
On Monday, April 22, I travelled from my home in Sidmouth on a surprise birthday break with my wife.
I am a disabled man and travel with my mobility scooter. Having taken a bus from my home to Exeter, I then took a bus from Exeter to Barnstaple.
I exited the 315, which left Exeter at 12.15pm. Unfortunately, I left behind my shoulder bag with my medication, wallet with cards/money, and other personal items.
I had already boarded the bus for the last part of my journey to Ilfracombe when I missed my bag. The driver gave me a number to ring to try and locate my bag.
A very kind gentleman at Stagecoach’s Barnstaple depot spoke with me on the phone and managed to trace the bus I had travelled on, which had been assigned to a local school run.
You may also want to watch:
A student from the school found my bag and handed it to the driver, who took it to the Barnstaple depot. I was given the news by reception at the depot.
I duly caught a bus back to Barnstaple, was taken to the depot some two miles or more by a driver from Stagecoach to collect my bag. It was complete with cash/cards/medication etc.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
I would like to give heartfelt thanks to the staff from Stagecoach at Barnstaple and the student from whichever school run was scheduled that day.
I feel very fortunate to have had these amazingly good-hearted, honest people return my bag to me and making my birthday break something to remember.
Words cannot convey how I felt at getting my bag returned to me.