Bags of thanks!
On Monday, April 22, I travelled from my home in Sidmouth on a surprise birthday break with my wife.
I am a disabled man and travel with my mobility scooter. Having taken a bus from my home to Exeter, I then took a bus from Exeter to Barnstaple.
I exited the 315, which left Exeter at 12.15pm. Unfortunately, I left behind my shoulder bag with my medication, wallet with cards/money, and other personal items.
I had already boarded the bus for the last part of my journey to Ilfracombe when I missed my bag. The driver gave me a number to ring to try and locate my bag.
A very kind gentleman at Stagecoach’s Barnstaple depot spoke with me on the phone and managed to trace the bus I had travelled on, which had been assigned to a local school run.
You may also want to watch:
A student from the school found my bag and handed it to the driver, who took it to the Barnstaple depot. I was given the news by reception at the depot.
I duly caught a bus back to Barnstaple, was taken to the depot some two miles or more by a driver from Stagecoach to collect my bag. It was complete with cash/cards/medication etc.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
I would like to give heartfelt thanks to the staff from Stagecoach at Barnstaple and the student from whichever school run was scheduled that day.
I feel very fortunate to have had these amazingly good-hearted, honest people return my bag to me and making my birthday break something to remember.
Words cannot convey how I felt at getting my bag returned to me.