Bag it and bin it
Our local Bideford footpath is constantly being contaminated by dog’s mess.
The culprits (the dogs’ irresponsible owners) seem oblivious of the fact that this path is in regular use by local schoolchildren and their parents.
While the majority of local dog owners are responsible, there remains a hard core of individuals who allow their dogs to foul indiscriminately and refuse to pick up after them.
Furthermore there are those that do pick up, then dump their filled bags on the footpath, unable to walk the 100 yards to a bin or take it home and bin it.
Polite notices from the local authority – threatening fines – have no impact on these individuals, some of whom are so offended by the notices that they have at times removed them !
You may also want to watch:
Dog’s mess littering is unsightly, unhealthy, unwarranted and unwanted.
The antisocial individuals responsible must get the message: Bag it and bin it.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
If they can’t heed this simple and sensible request, it is patently obvious that they are not sufficiently responsible to own a dog.