In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from August 12 to September 5:
* Benji Jeffrey, East Clevedon Triangle, Clevedon (39). Theft: ordered to pay £132.63 compensation and £85 costs.
* Sally Mansfield, Hanham Way, Nailsea (57). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for three years, fined £184 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £32 victim surcharge.
* Jason Kean, no fixed abode (38). Assault by beating: five-week prison sentence and ordered to pay £122 compensation.
* Aaron Macfarlane, Warry Close, Wraxall (31). Driving without wearing a seatbelt: fined £192 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Laura Pintili, Halyard Way, Portishead (40). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £32 victim surcharge.
* Dwayne Samuels, Yew Tree Gardens, Nailsea (33). Two counts of theft: community order and ordered to pay £210 compensation.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 9 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 10 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
* Bryne Tovey, Moorfield Road, Backwell (48). Send abusive communications: community order, restraining order and ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge. Failure to surrender to police custody: community order.