Baby seal rescued from rocks in Clovelly
- Credit: Archant
North Devon Animal Ambulance was called out to help the injured seal at Clovelly on Wednesday.
A seal has been nicknamed ‘Rocky’ after being rescued from Clovelly on Wednesday.
The North Devon Animal Ambulance were called out after villagers spotted the baby seal on the rocks.
Diana Lewis, of NDAA, said the seal was only around six weeks old and had probably come from the Lundy colony.
She said: “It was freezing cold and the waves were lashing him onto the rocks.
You may also want to watch:
“His head was swollen and bleeding and he was in a very poor state.”
Diana said the seal, which she estimed weighed around 15kg - very light for his age - was taken straight to the RSPCA West Hatch centre in Taunton.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
He’s now in intensive care there but we’re optimistic he should make a full recovery.