Baby checked for smoke inhalation after car fire

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE-w

- Credit: Archant

Infant receives paramedic care after roadside fire near Monkleigh.

A baby was checked by paramedics for smoke inhalation after a car fire at Saltrens, Monkleigh yesterday (Saturday).

A fire crew from Bideford was called out at around 9.45pm to find a car on the roadway with a small fire in the engine compartment, thought to be the alternator.

Fire fighters used a hose jet to put out the fire, and police on scene requested an ambulance attend as a precaution as a baby in the car had possibly breathed in smoke.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter