Baby boom at wildlife park
THE patter of tiny paws is making quite an impression at Combe Martin Wildlife Park and Dinosaur Park as the attraction enjoys a summer baby boom. Four otter pups, three new meerkats and a baby saki monkey have joined the two penguin chicks at the growin
THE patter of tiny paws is making quite an impression at Combe Martin Wildlife Park and Dinosaur Park as the attraction enjoys a summer baby boom.
Four otter pups, three new meerkats and a baby saki monkey have joined the two penguin chicks at the growing menagerie.
And it looks as if there's more to come... the gibbons and racoons among others are showing signs their numbers might soon increase - and sea lion trainer Zara Jackson is pregnant too!
"We've never had so many babies in the park before at the same time," said keeper Nikki Morrison.
You may also want to watch:
"It's the second litter for the meerkats. She had one a couple of months ago but sadly they were attacked by crows and only one survived, which had to be hand reared by the keepers."
All the new arrivals can now be seen by park visitors, when their over-protective parents allow them to steal the limelight, of course.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
The park is asking the public to help name their new penguins - log on to www.dinosaur-park.com and submit your naming suggestions by August 31. The successful entries will get to adopt their penguin and win a family ticket for the park so they can go and visit it.