Baby boom at hair salon
‘Something in the air’ at hair salon as five stylists give birth and another falls pregnant in eight months.
A GROUP of stylists have swapped hairspray and straighteners for bottles and bibs as a North Devon salon experiences a baby boom.
In the past eight months, five stylists at Kudos hair salon in Bideford have given birth.
Carol Golland, managing director of the Mill Street salon, said she couldn’t believe it when she found out.
She said: “When the first one or two told me they were pregnant I was delighted, but when the third person told me I began to worry slightly.
“Then the fourth said they were expecting and I think I lost a night or two of sleep; by the time the fifth person announced they were pregnant, I just thought, ‘bring it on’. We also have a beauty therapist who is due very soon; perhaps there is something in the air here.
“We’re very lucky to have such a close-knit team that we have managed OK, and we have taken two new stylists on to cope.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
“I am delighted for the girls, they’re like my extended family and I couldn’t be happier for them.”
Katie Newton, mum to eight-month-old Jacob, will be returning to work this week.
She said: “It’s great, we can all compare notes. Hopefully they will all grow up to be great friends.”