Baby boom at hair salon
‘Something in the air’ at hair salon as five stylists give birth and another falls pregnant in eight months.
A GROUP of stylists have swapped hairspray and straighteners for bottles and bibs as a North Devon salon experiences a baby boom.
In the past eight months, five stylists at Kudos hair salon in Bideford have given birth.
Carol Golland, managing director of the Mill Street salon, said she couldn’t believe it when she found out.
She said: “When the first one or two told me they were pregnant I was delighted, but when the third person told me I began to worry slightly.
You may also want to watch:
“Then the fourth said they were expecting and I think I lost a night or two of sleep; by the time the fifth person announced they were pregnant, I just thought, ‘bring it on’. We also have a beauty therapist who is due very soon; perhaps there is something in the air here.
“We’re very lucky to have such a close-knit team that we have managed OK, and we have taken two new stylists on to cope.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
“I am delighted for the girls, they’re like my extended family and I couldn’t be happier for them.”
Katie Newton, mum to eight-month-old Jacob, will be returning to work this week.
She said: “It’s great, we can all compare notes. Hopefully they will all grow up to be great friends.”