Award is boost for Barnstaple garden centre
TRELAWNEY Garden Centre in Ashford, Barnstaple, has been presented with the Best Garden Centre Staff award in the Wales and West Area by the Garden Centre Association. Caroline Howell-Williams, the general manager. Said: I am so proud of everyone who ha
TRELAWNEY Garden Centre in Ashford, Barnstaple, has been presented with the Best Garden Centre Staff award in the Wales and West Area by the Garden Centre Association.
Caroline Howell-Williams, the general manager. Said: "I am so proud of everyone who has contributed to this award, it is the absolute best.
" Like most businesses, we have had to make staff cut backs, and everyone now has to work twice as hard. Customer service is paramount to our centre, and this award is a real boost to staff morale."
All garden centres who are members of the Garden Centre Association are audited annually by an independent inspector. The actual day of the inspection is not known, so centres are assessed as the customers view them. It is from these inspections that the awards are created.
You may also want to watch:
Trelawney staff will now be entered for the National Awards which will be announced at the annual conference in January 2010.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 6 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 7 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 8 Torridge MP calls for ‘tailor made’ strategies for farming industry
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 MP calls on councils to 'do more' to support Barnstaple town centre