Award for the name Petroc
THE sometimes controversial rebranding of the former North Devon College into Petroc to create Devon s biggest college has nevertheless won two national awards for its new brand. Petroc – which has its main campuses in Barnstaple and Tiverton following th
THE sometimes controversial rebranding of the former North Devon College into Petroc to create Devon's biggest college has nevertheless won two national awards for its new brand.
Petroc - which has its main campuses in Barnstaple and Tiverton following the merger with East Devon College - clinched the prizes at the inaugural Transform Awards in London.
Members of the college's marketing team were among hundreds of guests at the glittering ceremony, hosted by the BBC's arts editor, Will Gompertz.
Petroc gained silver awards for public sector rebrand and best regional rebrand in recognition of North and East Devon College's transformation, following their merger.
You may also want to watch:
"Rebranding the College has been an extraordinary challenge but - thanks to the efforts of the marketing team and everyone else at Petroc, as well as our consultants, Interbrand - it's also been hugely rewarding and fun," said Petroc external relations manager, David Shuttleworth.
"It's great to see Petroc recognised for excellence alongside some of the UK's biggest names and this success is all down to the drive, determination and boundless creative energy of everyone involved."
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
The merged college worked with branding agency, Interbrand, to bring two very different colleges together with a new identity.
Petroc was unveiled in September 2009 and the college's transformation will be completed by the time new students arrive in September this year.
"We're delighted and proud to see our work for Petroc recognised in these new and important awards," said Andy York, Interbrand's director of verbal identity.
"Most of all though, we want to thank everyone at Petroc for having the courage and vision to get behind this radical change and see it through.
"We hope it will help deliver all the success the college deserves."
Petroc has said it is now receiving record numbers of applications for full time courses. Prospective students can still apply online by visiting www.petroc.ac.uk.