Award for Instow’s young film ambassador
Instow schoolgirl Dorothy McCormack has been honoured at the first ever Filmclub Young Ambassadors Awards held at the British Film Institute, Southbank in London.
Dorothy, 10, and fellow Filmclub member Beatrice Fitzmaurice gained the Best Compliment Award for their humorous and entertaining interview with Billy Connolly, Emily Blunt and director Rob Letterman about their film Gulliver’s Travels.
Billy Connolly told the youngsters the interview was “a real pleasure” and Emily Blunt said “it was my favourite interview of the day.”
The youngsters received their awards from TV presenter Robyn Bright of Channel 4’s Freshly Squeezed, who hosted the ceremony.
Dorothy, who attends Instow Community School, has been a Young Ambassador for the nationwide education charity Filmclub since last October.
You may also want to watch:
The charity offers children free weekly access to a variety of films from past and present, as well as access to film industry news, screenings and talent.
The Young Ambassadors scheme offers the chance to interact with film industry professionals through in-school visits, set visits and film events and also to act as media spokespeople for Filmclub. The ambassadors are junior reporters for the charity and have completed assignments to bring the latest film news to the scheme’s 250,000 strong membership, via interviews and reports from film industry events
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Dorothy said: “It is really exciting. It felt really great to win this award because I have enjoyed this experience so much and it is great to know that Filmclub know how hard I have worked to be a good Young Ambassador. It means a lot to me to be a Filmclub Young Ambassador, because I live in Devon and I don’t get a lot of experiences like this. It has been a great opportunity to go and see London and meet other people interested in the same things as me. I also really, really enjoyed interviewing Billy Connolly, Emily Blunt and Rob Letterman at the Gulliver’s Travels press junket. It was fantastic!
“I am a bit sad that this is all coming to an end, but it has really inspired me to make more films and work towards being a professional film maker or interviewer.”