Award for hard working Barnstaple Rotarian
Charity shop work wins accolade for Phil.
A member of Barnstaple Link Rotary Club has been awarded Rotary’s highest accolade.
Phillip Boaden received the Paul Harris Fellowship from club president Chris Haywood, in recognition of the work he has done to make the Barnstaple Rotary charity shop a great success.
The shop was originally opened by the Barnstaple Link club as a five week fund raising project – but it proved such a success that club members decided to carry on and later joined forces with the Barnstaple Rotary Club to extend the service.
Phil has been at the forefront of running the shop, which last year moved to its current location in Boutport Street.
You may also want to watch:
“I was astounded. I had no idea. It seems incredible to receive such an award for just doing your job,” said a surprised Phil.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 6 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 7 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 8 Torridge MP calls for ‘tailor made’ strategies for farming industry
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 MP calls on councils to 'do more' to support Barnstaple town centre