Award for hard working Barnstaple Rotarian
Charity shop work wins accolade for Phil.
A member of Barnstaple Link Rotary Club has been awarded Rotary’s highest accolade.
Phillip Boaden received the Paul Harris Fellowship from club president Chris Haywood, in recognition of the work he has done to make the Barnstaple Rotary charity shop a great success.
The shop was originally opened by the Barnstaple Link club as a five week fund raising project – but it proved such a success that club members decided to carry on and later joined forces with the Barnstaple Rotary Club to extend the service.
Phil has been at the forefront of running the shop, which last year moved to its current location in Boutport Street.
You may also want to watch:
“I was astounded. I had no idea. It seems incredible to receive such an award for just doing your job,” said a surprised Phil.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI