Award for hard working Barnstaple Rotarian
Charity shop work wins accolade for Phil.
A member of Barnstaple Link Rotary Club has been awarded Rotary’s highest accolade.
Phillip Boaden received the Paul Harris Fellowship from club president Chris Haywood, in recognition of the work he has done to make the Barnstaple Rotary charity shop a great success.
The shop was originally opened by the Barnstaple Link club as a five week fund raising project – but it proved such a success that club members decided to carry on and later joined forces with the Barnstaple Rotary Club to extend the service.
Phil has been at the forefront of running the shop, which last year moved to its current location in Boutport Street.
You may also want to watch:
“I was astounded. I had no idea. It seems incredible to receive such an award for just doing your job,” said a surprised Phil.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge