Award for former Torrington pupil
The 16-year-old from Weare Giffard has received a top award during his first year at Duchy College.
A FORMER Torrington pupil has achieved an outstanding award during his first year at Duchy College in Cornwall.
Hayden Simpson, 16, of Cleave Farm in Weare Giffard, received the award for being the ‘Top Student on the First Year’ studying the Extended Diploma in Agriculture.
Hayden, who is a former pupil of Great Torrington School, has also been working at home within his family’s dairy farm business.
Hayden’s Mum Jo Simpson said: “We are just so proud of Hayden, and the fact that he is a former pupil of all the Great Torrington schools is a great testament to their support.”
You may also want to watch:
Louise Leonard, of Great Torrington School, said: “It is an inspiration to our current students to have Hayden as a role model and to see what they can achieve within the first year of leaving school.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes