Award for ‘considerate’ Fullabrook contractor
Firm recognised for care shown during construction of giant 22-turbine scheme.
THE company that built the Fullabrook Wind Farm has won an award for ‘considerate construction’.
John Sisk & Sons were recognised for the care shown towards the local neighbourhood, general public, site staff and the environment during construction of the 22-turbine scheme, near Ilfracombe.
The firm, contracted by wind farm developer ESB International, was awarded a gold award by the Considerate Constructors Scheme, one of only 88 UK sites to do so this year.
The awards panel noted the exceptional measures taken to assist neighbours and help the local community at the extensive site area.
You may also want to watch:
Examples included relocating water troughs and water supplies for stock grazing areas, supplying and installing field gates to allow landowners to access fields during construction and dismantling temporary fencing to enable stock entry and tillage.
The team also arranged the gritting and salting of primary roads during the winter freeze plus the digging out of stranded travellers.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Using equipment kept on site, members of the site team helped the emergency services to remove debris from a nearby road accident and to make the road surface safe again.
On the site itself, the panel highlighted an incentivised safety initiative for operatives with the involvement of an occupational health company for advice and training, plus an excellent on-site canteen stocked with local produce.