Award for ‘considerate’ Fullabrook contractor
Firm recognised for care shown during construction of giant 22-turbine scheme.
THE company that built the Fullabrook Wind Farm has won an award for ‘considerate construction’.
John Sisk & Sons were recognised for the care shown towards the local neighbourhood, general public, site staff and the environment during construction of the 22-turbine scheme, near Ilfracombe.
The firm, contracted by wind farm developer ESB International, was awarded a gold award by the Considerate Constructors Scheme, one of only 88 UK sites to do so this year.
The awards panel noted the exceptional measures taken to assist neighbours and help the local community at the extensive site area.
You may also want to watch:
Examples included relocating water troughs and water supplies for stock grazing areas, supplying and installing field gates to allow landowners to access fields during construction and dismantling temporary fencing to enable stock entry and tillage.
The team also arranged the gritting and salting of primary roads during the winter freeze plus the digging out of stranded travellers.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Using equipment kept on site, members of the site team helped the emergency services to remove debris from a nearby road accident and to make the road surface safe again.
On the site itself, the panel highlighted an incentivised safety initiative for operatives with the involvement of an occupational health company for advice and training, plus an excellent on-site canteen stocked with local produce.