Award for Bideford College building team
The partners in the building of the new Bideford College have jointly won a major award at the Local Authority Building Control South West Regional Excellence Awards 2011.
Torridge District Council, Devon County Council, contractors Morgan Sindall, NPS South West Ltd and Bideford College share the coveted Best Partnership Award.
This accolade recognises that high standards of design, construction and workmanship have been achieved in conjunction with successful partnership working throughout a number of projects, one of which was the �45million Bideford College redevelopment.
The awards evening was held in the Imperial Hotel, Torquay, where the winners of the 20 categories were announced.
Torridge District Council, Morgan Sindall, NPS South West Ltd and Bideford College also received a ‘commended’ in the Best Education Development category and were finalists in the Sustainable Design section for the Bideford College project .
You may also want to watch:
Leader of Torridge District Council Barry Parsons said: “I am delighted that the achievements of all the partners have been formally recognised in this way. As leader of Torridge, I’m very proud to see the council working so well with the private and educational sectors.”
Veronica Matthews, College Principal, was also delighted with the award and said that this was a fitting tribute to the dedication of so many people who made this project happen so smoothly.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
She said: “We knew that there was a genuine teamwork during the process - others who have had experience of large scale building projects talked about tensions between the various partners and told us to expect all sorts of difficult times, but that wasn’t our experience at all - it really was as if everyone recognised how special this project was and did everything they could to pull together and make it work. To have that recognised with this award is fantastic!”