Award for Bideford College building team
The partners in the building of the new Bideford College have jointly won a major award at the Local Authority Building Control South West Regional Excellence Awards 2011.
Torridge District Council, Devon County Council, contractors Morgan Sindall, NPS South West Ltd and Bideford College share the coveted Best Partnership Award.
This accolade recognises that high standards of design, construction and workmanship have been achieved in conjunction with successful partnership working throughout a number of projects, one of which was the �45million Bideford College redevelopment.
The awards evening was held in the Imperial Hotel, Torquay, where the winners of the 20 categories were announced.
Torridge District Council, Morgan Sindall, NPS South West Ltd and Bideford College also received a ‘commended’ in the Best Education Development category and were finalists in the Sustainable Design section for the Bideford College project .
You may also want to watch:
Leader of Torridge District Council Barry Parsons said: “I am delighted that the achievements of all the partners have been formally recognised in this way. As leader of Torridge, I’m very proud to see the council working so well with the private and educational sectors.”
Veronica Matthews, College Principal, was also delighted with the award and said that this was a fitting tribute to the dedication of so many people who made this project happen so smoothly.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
She said: “We knew that there was a genuine teamwork during the process - others who have had experience of large scale building projects talked about tensions between the various partners and told us to expect all sorts of difficult times, but that wasn’t our experience at all - it really was as if everyone recognised how special this project was and did everything they could to pull together and make it work. To have that recognised with this award is fantastic!”