Autumn festival month at Rosemoor
RHS Garden Rosemoor, in Great Torrington, is getting ready for its Taste of Autumn festival, which runs from September 26 – October 26. The month will be dedicated to championing local produce, autumn flavours and growing your own veg through a series o
RHS Garden Rosemoor, in Great Torrington, is getting ready for its Taste of Autumn festival, which runs from September 26 - October 26.
The month will be dedicated to championing local produce, autumn flavours and growing your own veg through a series of special Garden events.
This year the humble apple takes centre stage, with Apple Day being held on Sunday, October 11 (10am - 5pm). This year marks the bicentenary of the Bramley apple, and RHS Garden Rosemoor is one of the lucky 200 places to receive a cutting from the original tree and keep the Bramley tradition alive.
To carry on the apple theme, the English Apple Art Exhibition, featuring watercolours by Rosie Sanders, is being held from October 3-18.
You may also want to watch:
There are plenty of other events taking place over the month too, including the Taste of the West Country Food Fair, the Fungi Foray and Pumpkin Day.
Diana Gilding, events supervisor at RHS Garden Rosemoor, said: "A Taste of Autumn is a celebration of a year's hard work in the garden, much like the traditional harvest festival. Apple Day is one of the busiest events of the year, and with the Bramley Apple celebrations this year it's bound to be more popular than ever! Pumpkin Day, is also a great hit, particularly among our younger visitors!'
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West