August opening for new Barnstaple Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Express store will be firm’s third branch in the town.
A THIRD Tesco supermarket is expected to open in Barnstaple by the end of August.
Work is currently under way to convert the former Bernard Smith showroom at 100-101 High Street.
Plans for the ‘Express’ store were approved by North Devon Council in February.
It is expected that the new store, the sixth in North Devon, will create around 20 new jobs in the town.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco spokesperson Melanie Chiswell said: “The store is expected to open on Tuesday, August 27.
“The shop is currently being developed by the landlord and we will be taking over the site at the beginning of August, when we’ll being fitting it out with all the shelves and fridges you would expect in a Tesco Express.”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon