Atlantis Adventure Park bowled over by expansion
- Credit: Archant
Park in Bideford celebrates signing 10 year lease by opening brand new American diner and bowling alley.
BIDEFORD has scored a strike as Atlantis Adventure Park announces a brand new American Diner and bowling alley will open this weekend.
The Atlantis Bowl, complete with Highway 66 short lane ten pin bowling, will officially open on Saturday and Sunday in a new unit at Atlantic Village, next to Costa Coffee.
The adventure park also announced this week that it has signed a new 10 year lease, after completing its first decade on the site off Clovelly Road.
Developers Drake Bideford Ltd said the extended lease would not interfere with the proposed extension plans, which currently lie over the Atlantis site.
A spokesman confirmed that they were currently looking at ways of integrating the leisure aspect with the extension, for which planning permission expires next year.
You may also want to watch:
Rick Turner, director of Atlantis, said he was delighted to sign another 10 year tenure and to take on an additional unit to expand the business.
He said: “Atlantis Adventure Park is already firmly established as one of the best venues for young children in North Devon and our birthday parties are hugely popular with locals.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
“Taking on a new unit has given us the perfect opportunity to further invest in an American diner; something which I believe will be a big hit with local people and visitors.
“The American diner which will have Highway 66 short lane ten pin bowling will appeal to older siblings and we are pleased to be able to create something for all the family to enjoy.”
John Kidd, manager of Atlantis Adventure Park, added: “It’s a wonderful challenge to take on a whole new venue and new attraction.
“We are already busy with our American themed month in the build up to the official opening of the Atlantis Bowl American diner.
Anyone who comes to the launch dressed in Stars or Stripes American theme will be able to enjoy a free game of ten pin bowling.
For more information visit www.atlantisadventurepark.co.uk.