Atlantic Array exhibition starts on Saturday
First glimpse of how giant offshore wind farm might look
LOCAL people are being given their first glimpse of how a giant offshore wind farm could dramatically alter the vista from the North Devon coast.
The first of six public exhibitions for the Atlantic Array takes place on Saturday at Abbotsham Village Hall.
Developer RWE npower renewables will be unveiling a visual representation of what the scheme could look like.
Members of the project team will also be on hand to answer questions about the project and provide information about the local economic benefits and employment opportunities that could arise.
You may also want to watch:
They will be holing similar consultations next week at Lovacott Village Hall; The Royal Britannia in Ilfracombe; Croyde Village Hall; The Castle Centre in Barnstaple; and Bideford College.
Robert Thornhill, project development manager, said: “The responses and feedback we receive from local residents and businesses are essential as they will help shape the final report which forms part of our final planning application.”
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
The firm say the proposed wind farm, 14km off the North Devon coast, could be capable of generating up to 1,500 megawatts (MW) of electricity every year, enough power to meet more than 40 per cent of the domestic electricity consumption for the South West of England.
Exhibition times, dates and places:
Saturday, September 10: Abbotsham Village Hall, 10am - 5pm
Sunday, September 11: Lovacott Village Hall, 11am – 4pm
Thursday, September 15: The Royal Britannia, Broad Street, Ilfracombe, 12pm - 8pm
Friday, September 16: Croyde Village Hall, 12pm – 8pm
Saturday, September 17: The Castle Centre, 25 Castle Street, Barnstaple, 10am - 5pm
Sunday, September 18: Bideford College, 11am – 4pm