Aspiring Barnstaple model hopes for your vote
A BARNSTAPLE girl is hoping to clinch pole position in a national modelling competition to become one of the new faces of British motorsport. Aspiring model Jenny Moore is one of 50 finalists in round four of the Thundersport GB Grid Girl contest. Having
A BARNSTAPLE girl is hoping to clinch pole position in a national modelling competition to become one of the new faces of British motorsport.
Aspiring model Jenny Moore is one of 50 finalists in round four of the Thundersport GB Grid Girl contest.
Having been shortlisted from more than 500 hopefuls, Jenny, 25, is now relying on public votes to ensure she is one of 12 girls who will feature in the Thundersport GB 2010 official calendar.
With the chequered flag in sight, she is currently in second place and hopes that Gazette readers will pick up their phones and text in a few last minute votes to help her to become crowned Miss Thundersport GB 2009 when voting ends at midnight on Saturday.
"I need as many votes as I can to secure a place," said Jenny, who has also made the final of the Miss June heats of the Plymouth Calendar Girls competition. "If I get through to the top three, I will get the chance to be a Grid Girl and appear in magazines, the press and on television.
"It will be a huge break for me and will help my modelling career; it's something I've always wanted to do and as I'm getting older, I thought I'd give it a go."
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
As well as starring in the Grid Girls calendar, the 12 winning girls will also take part in promotional events at race tracks across the UK, including Silverstone and Rockingham. They will also feature in magazine photoshoots, and on the website of men's magazine Loaded.
To vote for Jenny, text GIRL 009 to 60040, or telephone 0901 307 8000 before midnight on Saturday. To see her ranking, visit www.thekerriparkeracademy.com