Aspiring Barnstaple model hopes for your vote
A BARNSTAPLE girl is hoping to clinch pole position in a national modelling competition to become one of the new faces of British motorsport. Aspiring model Jenny Moore is one of 50 finalists in round four of the Thundersport GB Grid Girl contest. Having
A BARNSTAPLE girl is hoping to clinch pole position in a national modelling competition to become one of the new faces of British motorsport.
Aspiring model Jenny Moore is one of 50 finalists in round four of the Thundersport GB Grid Girl contest.
Having been shortlisted from more than 500 hopefuls, Jenny, 25, is now relying on public votes to ensure she is one of 12 girls who will feature in the Thundersport GB 2010 official calendar.
With the chequered flag in sight, she is currently in second place and hopes that Gazette readers will pick up their phones and text in a few last minute votes to help her to become crowned Miss Thundersport GB 2009 when voting ends at midnight on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
"I need as many votes as I can to secure a place," said Jenny, who has also made the final of the Miss June heats of the Plymouth Calendar Girls competition. "If I get through to the top three, I will get the chance to be a Grid Girl and appear in magazines, the press and on television.
"It will be a huge break for me and will help my modelling career; it's something I've always wanted to do and as I'm getting older, I thought I'd give it a go."
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
As well as starring in the Grid Girls calendar, the 12 winning girls will also take part in promotional events at race tracks across the UK, including Silverstone and Rockingham. They will also feature in magazine photoshoots, and on the website of men's magazine Loaded.
To vote for Jenny, text GIRL 009 to 60040, or telephone 0901 307 8000 before midnight on Saturday. To see her ranking, visit www.thekerriparkeracademy.com