Asian elephant adopted for super slimmers who lost a ton
SUPER slimmers in Braunton have lost a over a ton in weight - that s the equivalent of more than four baby elephants! To celebrate, their consultant , Tracey Harman, has adopted them an Asian elephant to remind the successful slimmers of their amazing ac
SUPER slimmers in Braunton have lost a over a ton in weight - that's the equivalent of more than four baby elephants!
To celebrate, their consultant , Tracey Harman, has adopted them an Asian elephant to remind the successful slimmers of their amazing achievement.
All together the members of the Braunton Slimming World group are now 178 stones lighter than they were when Tracey Harman took it over just 10 months ago.
The members, who attend the group every week, follow Slimming World's Food Optimising eating plan created by the organisation's team of expert nutritionists, which encourages them to fill up on satisfying foods such as pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat and fish, pulses and fruit and veg.
You may also want to watch:
Aimee Finlay has lost two stones 7lbs in nine months to drop from a size 16 to a size 10 in time for 2010!
She says: "Filling up on lots of satisfying foods means you're never hungry so I've never felt as though I was on a diet. Before I joined Slimming World I thought losing weight meant going to the gym and counting calories. But now I know it's about making healthier choices.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
"Reaching this milestone as a group just proves the huge change that we've all made to our lives, some people who've lost big amounts of weight have probably even saved their lives.