Asbestos involved in Prixford garage fire

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE1

- Credit: Archant

Fire fighters called out to the garage blaze yesterday (Tuesday) evening.

ASBESTOS was involved in a fire in Prixford yesterday evening (Tuesday), fire fighters have confirmed.

Crews from Barnstaple and Ilfracombe were called out at around 8.15pm to find the single storey garage on fire.

They extinguished the fire using breathing apparatus wearers and a hose reel jet, as well as ventilating the building.

The garage, which contained asbestos, was severely damaged in the blaze, which was believed to have been accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus