Fire fighters called out to the garage blaze yesterday (Tuesday) evening.

ASBESTOS was involved in a fire in Prixford yesterday evening (Tuesday), fire fighters have confirmed.

Crews from Barnstaple and Ilfracombe were called out at around 8.15pm to find the single storey garage on fire.

They extinguished the fire using breathing apparatus wearers and a hose reel jet, as well as ventilating the building.

The garage, which contained asbestos, was severely damaged in the blaze, which was believed to have been accidental.