Arty activities at Heanton Nursing Home
ARTISTIC residents at Heanton Nursing Home are working on a new summer mosaic which when completed will take pride of place in the bathrooms of the EMI care home. The artwork is being created with shells from local beaches and is the latest in a series of
ARTISTIC residents at Heanton Nursing Home are working on a new summer mosaic which when completed will take pride of place in the bathrooms of the EMI care home.
The artwork is being created with shells from local beaches and is the latest in a series of arts and crafts projects residents have worked on with the help of the home's dedicated activities team.
A number of their collages have been selected for the 2008 and 2009 Dementia Calendars and are displayed around the home, which provides specialist care for those suffering from dementia, which includes a varied and stimulating activities and events programme.
"As many of our residents are unable to venture out to the beach our activities team brought the beach to them and the constant reminder will be there in the form of this wonderful mosaic," said home manager Liz Thompson.
"The latest art project is coming along really well and I can't wait to see the finished project brightening the walls of our bathrooms."
The home at Heanton Punchardon, near Braunton, is planning an art exhibition later in the year, when some of the residents' art work will be on display.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple