Arty activities at Heanton Nursing Home
ARTISTIC residents at Heanton Nursing Home are working on a new summer mosaic which when completed will take pride of place in the bathrooms of the EMI care home. The artwork is being created with shells from local beaches and is the latest in a series of
ARTISTIC residents at Heanton Nursing Home are working on a new summer mosaic which when completed will take pride of place in the bathrooms of the EMI care home.
The artwork is being created with shells from local beaches and is the latest in a series of arts and crafts projects residents have worked on with the help of the home's dedicated activities team.
A number of their collages have been selected for the 2008 and 2009 Dementia Calendars and are displayed around the home, which provides specialist care for those suffering from dementia, which includes a varied and stimulating activities and events programme.
"As many of our residents are unable to venture out to the beach our activities team brought the beach to them and the constant reminder will be there in the form of this wonderful mosaic," said home manager Liz Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
"The latest art project is coming along really well and I can't wait to see the finished project brightening the walls of our bathrooms."
The home at Heanton Punchardon, near Braunton, is planning an art exhibition later in the year, when some of the residents' art work will be on display.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone