Arts and crafts at Barnstaple museum
YOUNG visitors to the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon can let their imagination run wild this month by creating weird and wonderful creatures at free special events. Art and craft activities based on dragons, monsters and animals are on offer during
YOUNG visitors to the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon can let their imagination run wild this month by creating weird and wonderful creatures at free special events.
Art and craft activities based on dragons, monsters and animals are on offer during February as part of the museum's play programme.
There is no need to book a place, youngsters can simply go along and join in. The sessions are:
* Make a pocket dragon or monster, Saturday 13 February, 10 - 12 noon
You may also want to watch:
A chance for children aged 2 - 12, to use their imagination to make and create their very own pocket monster or dragon
* Animal mask making, Wednesday 17 February, 1 - 4pm
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
A fun activity for children aged 5 - 16, to make a mask of their favourite animal. Younger children can have a go at colouring in activities or just play with some toys
Both activities will last between 30 minutes and an hour.
Lead Member for Community Development Councillor Dick Jones said: "The council is pleased to be able to offer events throughout the year as part of the museum's play programme. If the activity looks busy when you arrive, why not go and explore the museum - take the opportunity to enjoy some of the exhibitions on display and test yourself by completing the musuem's very own quiz."
The event is being delivered by Playworks.uk as part of Project Panda, bringing free play activities into North Devon. Funding has been provided by the Big Lottery Fund.