Artists invited to submit work for Barnstaple show
ARTISTS and craft workers are being invited to submit pieces for the forthcoming North Devon Open Art Show.Now in its ninth year and run in conjunction with North Devon Theatres Trust, the initiative aims to highlight the creativity and quality of local
ARTISTS and craft workers are being invited to submit pieces for the forthcoming North Devon Open Art Show.
Now in its ninth year and run in conjunction with North Devon Theatres Trust, the initiative aims to highlight the creativity and quality of local work and capture the imagination of visitors.
By encouraging entries from artists of all types, the show also aims to balance the career development needs of local professional artists with the demand for exhibition space from amateur artists
The Art Show's selection panel will choose around ten artists whose work will then go on display in the Gallery Caf� at the Queen's Theatre, Barnstaple and at the Museum of Barnstaple & North Devon, in an exhibition opening on January 15, 2011. The ten selected artists will also each receive a small bursary for future projects.
You may also want to watch:
The selection panel for the Show will include representatives of North Devon Arts and North Devon School of Art as well as North Devon Theatres Trust and the Museum of Barnstaple & North Devon.
Closing date for submissions is December 4, 2010. For an entry form and further details please call in to the Museum or tel: 01271 346747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users