Artists invited to submit work for Barnstaple show
ARTISTS and craft workers are being invited to submit pieces for the forthcoming North Devon Open Art Show.Now in its ninth year and run in conjunction with North Devon Theatres Trust, the initiative aims to highlight the creativity and quality of local
ARTISTS and craft workers are being invited to submit pieces for the forthcoming North Devon Open Art Show.
Now in its ninth year and run in conjunction with North Devon Theatres Trust, the initiative aims to highlight the creativity and quality of local work and capture the imagination of visitors.
By encouraging entries from artists of all types, the show also aims to balance the career development needs of local professional artists with the demand for exhibition space from amateur artists
The Art Show's selection panel will choose around ten artists whose work will then go on display in the Gallery Caf� at the Queen's Theatre, Barnstaple and at the Museum of Barnstaple & North Devon, in an exhibition opening on January 15, 2011. The ten selected artists will also each receive a small bursary for future projects.
You may also want to watch:
The selection panel for the Show will include representatives of North Devon Arts and North Devon School of Art as well as North Devon Theatres Trust and the Museum of Barnstaple & North Devon.
Closing date for submissions is December 4, 2010. For an entry form and further details please call in to the Museum or tel: 01271 346747 or email email@example.com
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton