Array drop-ins shed light on planning process
- Credit: Archant
Find out how to register your views on proposed wind farm at events in Bideford and Ilfracombe next week.
PEOPLE wanting to register their opinions about the proposed Atlantic Array Offshore Wind Farm find can out more about how to do so at a series of outreach events next week.
The Planning Inspectorate is holding presentations in Bideford and Ilfracombe to help people understand the planning process, when to register and how to make a representation.
As the government agency responsible for examining applications for major infrastructure projects, the Planning Inspectorate will determine the Channel Energy Limited application.
Tomorrow (Saturday), opponents to the 240-turbine scheme are holding a protest march in Barnstaple town centre at 11am, followed by public meeting an hour later at the Park Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday, September 4, drop-in sessions will be held at Riverbank House in Bideford from 2-5pm and from 6-8.30pm. A presentation will take place at around 6.30pm.
On Thursday, September 5, drop-ins will be held in Ilfracombe at the Ilfracombe Centre from 2-5pm and 6-8.30pm, with a presentation at 6.30pm.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
To attend the presentations, telephone 0303 444 5000 or email@example.com
TORRIDGE District Council will be holding a special meeting on Tuesday, September 10 to determine its own recommendations regarding the Atlantic Array.
The planning committee will meet at Bideford Town Hall at 1.30pm and members of the public may attend. The agenda is expected to be published early next week.
North Devon Council is set to consider its formal view on the scheme at a special meeting of its own planning committee on September 11 at 2.15pm.