Armed police close off The Strand in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Updated: Public asked to stay away from the area as officers deal with alleged firearms incident.
ARMED police officers have closed off The Strand and Castle Street in Barnstaple this afternoon (Mon).
People are being asked to stay away from the area while officers deal with an alleged firearms incident.
Officers were called at 4.04pm after reports of a man allegedly with a firearm at a property in Castle Street.
At 7pm, a police spokesman confirmed officers were still at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road remains closed off at this time. Check back for more as we have it.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford