Apprentice welders go on to national compeition
The two apprentices from Appledore will go on to represent Babock this month.
TWO young Appledore apprentices have won a competitive heat in the run up to an annual ship welding competition.
Jack Thompson came up tops in the heat held at Babcock shipyard for the ESAB’s ShipWeld competition, with Liam Sumner taking runner up.
Both will now go on to represent Babcock at the grand final later in October.
Jack was presented with the latest in welding helmets from ESAB and a yellow AristoTech welding screen and Liam received an OrigoTech yellow welding screen.
You may also want to watch:
Babock is hoping to uphold its good record at the annual event, having won the Challenge Cup in 2011 and having apprentice Harry Elliot collect the prize for best apprentice welder the same year.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year