Apprentice welders go on to national compeition
The two apprentices from Appledore will go on to represent Babock this month.
TWO young Appledore apprentices have won a competitive heat in the run up to an annual ship welding competition.
Jack Thompson came up tops in the heat held at Babcock shipyard for the ESAB’s ShipWeld competition, with Liam Sumner taking runner up.
Both will now go on to represent Babcock at the grand final later in October.
Jack was presented with the latest in welding helmets from ESAB and a yellow AristoTech welding screen and Liam received an OrigoTech yellow welding screen.
You may also want to watch:
Babock is hoping to uphold its good record at the annual event, having won the Challenge Cup in 2011 and having apprentice Harry Elliot collect the prize for best apprentice welder the same year.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened