Application lodged for new Westward Ho! homes
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans for 132 new homes have been lodged with Torridge District Council for land off Buckleigh Road - despite an ongoing appeal.
A PLANNING application has been re-submitted for 132 new houses on land to the west of Buckleigh Road in Westward Ho!
The proposals, which include 126sq m of retail space were originally submitted by Wainhomes in April, but were taken to appeal on the grounds of non-determination.
A decision was due on the application in July but after receiving no outcome from Torridge District Council by October, Wainhomes lodged the appeal with the planning inspectorate.
The original application received dozens of objection comments and was recommended for refusal by Northam Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
An appeal enquiry date is currently set for the original application for February 25, at 10am at Riverbank House.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year