Appledore welcomes new fire appliance - and thanks local employer
APPLEDORE Fire Station has taken delivery of a new fire appliance. An official handover will take place on Saturday, March 13, when Watch Manager Tony Cole will receive the keys from Area Manager Mike Holme. This will be followed by the presentation of
APPLEDORE Fire Station has taken delivery of a new fire appliance.
An official handover will take place on Saturday, March 13, when Watch Manager Tony Cole will receive the keys from Area Manager Mike Holme.
This will be followed by the presentation of an employer's recognition plaque to Andy Hamilton, Director of Babcock Marine, by local Torridge District Councillor Andrew Eastman.
Bideford Area Fire Safety Officer Colin Mills said: "We are presenting this plaque to Andy Hamilton to thank Babcock Marine for their outstanding commitment over four decades in allowing their employees to respond to emergency calls in the Appledore area. Thanks to Babcock Marine's willingness to support their employees' dual role, the community of Appledore has had emergency cover throughout the day for many years. Undoubtedly lives have been saved and Babcock Marine's support has made Appledore a much safer place to live."
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is currently interested in recruiting retained firefighters in North Devon.
Retained firefighters are not based at a fire station waiting for the alarm, but will be on standby as they go about their everyday lives. When the call comes, they drop whatever they are doing and become part of the firefighting team.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
For more information on becoming a retained firefighter phone (01392) 872346/331 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk