Appledore welcomes new fire appliance - and thanks local employer
APPLEDORE Fire Station has taken delivery of a new fire appliance. An official handover will take place on Saturday, March 13, when Watch Manager Tony Cole will receive the keys from Area Manager Mike Holme. This will be followed by the presentation of
APPLEDORE Fire Station has taken delivery of a new fire appliance.
An official handover will take place on Saturday, March 13, when Watch Manager Tony Cole will receive the keys from Area Manager Mike Holme.
This will be followed by the presentation of an employer's recognition plaque to Andy Hamilton, Director of Babcock Marine, by local Torridge District Councillor Andrew Eastman.
Bideford Area Fire Safety Officer Colin Mills said: "We are presenting this plaque to Andy Hamilton to thank Babcock Marine for their outstanding commitment over four decades in allowing their employees to respond to emergency calls in the Appledore area. Thanks to Babcock Marine's willingness to support their employees' dual role, the community of Appledore has had emergency cover throughout the day for many years. Undoubtedly lives have been saved and Babcock Marine's support has made Appledore a much safer place to live."
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is currently interested in recruiting retained firefighters in North Devon.
Retained firefighters are not based at a fire station waiting for the alarm, but will be on standby as they go about their everyday lives. When the call comes, they drop whatever they are doing and become part of the firefighting team.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
For more information on becoming a retained firefighter phone (01392) 872346/331 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk