Appledore Town Band enjoys success at brass band festival
- Credit: Archant
Brass band secured the award for best ungraded band and came second in the entertainment category.
APPLEDORE Town Band enjoyed a successful evening at Exmouth Pavillions as part of the South West Brass Band Association’s annual festival.
The band secured the Harris cup for best ungraded band, and came second behind Pendennis Brass in the entertainment category out of 10 bands.
The band stole the show with its performance of Minnie the Moocher, performed and sung by solo tenor horn player Bert Parton and cornettist Tom Wortley.
Members are now looking forward to a busy autumn and will be performing on Friday with the Military Wives Choir at the launch of Appledore Book Festival.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the band and its engagements visit www.appledoreband.org.uk.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford