Appledore to receive new fire engine
APPLEDORE Fire Station is taking delivery of a new fire appliance tomorrow (Saturday). Watch Manager Tony Cole will receive the keys from area manager Mike Holme. The handover will be followed by the presentation of an employer s recognition plaque to An
APPLEDORE Fire Station is taking delivery of a new fire appliance tomorrow (Saturday). Watch Manager Tony Cole will receive the keys from area manager Mike Holme.
The handover will be followed by the presentation of an employer's recognition plaque to Andy Hamilton, director of Babcock Marine, owner of Appledore shipyard, by Torridge District Councillor Andrew Eastman.
Bideford Area Fire Safety Officer Colin Mills said: "We are presenting this plaque to Andy Hamilton to thank Babcock Marine for their outstanding commitment over four decades in allowing their employees to respond to emergency calls in the Appledore area. T
"Thanks to Babcock Marine's willingness to support their employees' dual role, the community of Appledore has had emergency cover throughout the day for many years. Undoubtedly lives have been saved and Babcock Marine's support has made Appledore a much safer place to live."
You may also want to watch:
* Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is currently interested in recruiting retained fire fighters in North Devon.
Retained fire fighters are not based at a fire station waiting for the alarm, but will be on standby as they go about their everyday lives. When the call comes, they drop whatever they are doing and become part of the fire fighting team.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
For more information on becoming a retained fire fighter phone (01392) 872346/331 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk