Appledore’s carnival royalty announced
Town gears up for the annual carnival on Sunday.
APPLEDORE’S carnival royalty is getting ready for the big event on Sunday.
Carnival Queen Ellie McDonald will be parading through the town with attendants Emily Beer and Tegan Marley-Jones.
Little fairies Sophie Miller and Maya Watts will also be in the procession, lead by pirate Sami Gilles.
The procession will begin at 4pm on Sunday at Staddon Road, leading down Richmond Road and along the Quay, ending at Irsha Street.
You may also want to watch:
The Appledore Pirates will then be hosting an after carnival party at the Seagate Hotel, with live music from Nat Bites, a barbeque and fireworks.
The annual tug-of-war competition will also be held, and there will be displays from Taw and Torridge Bike Club and the Samba Baia.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
Anyone wishing to enter the carnival can call Teresa on 07854 623710 or enter on the day at 3pmin Staddon Road.
Judging will take place at 3.30pm for the different categories, for more information visit www.appledorepirates.org.uk
Parking on the day is free and all proceeds will go towards local causes.