Appledore’s carnival royalty announced
Town gears up for the annual carnival on Sunday.
APPLEDORE’S carnival royalty is getting ready for the big event on Sunday.
Carnival Queen Ellie McDonald will be parading through the town with attendants Emily Beer and Tegan Marley-Jones.
Little fairies Sophie Miller and Maya Watts will also be in the procession, lead by pirate Sami Gilles.
The procession will begin at 4pm on Sunday at Staddon Road, leading down Richmond Road and along the Quay, ending at Irsha Street.
The Appledore Pirates will then be hosting an after carnival party at the Seagate Hotel, with live music from Nat Bites, a barbeque and fireworks.
The annual tug-of-war competition will also be held, and there will be displays from Taw and Torridge Bike Club and the Samba Baia.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 5 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 6 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 7 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 8 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 9 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
Anyone wishing to enter the carnival can call Teresa on 07854 623710 or enter on the day at 3pmin Staddon Road.
Judging will take place at 3.30pm for the different categories, for more information visit www.appledorepirates.org.uk
Parking on the day is free and all proceeds will go towards local causes.