Appledore's carnival day
VILLAGERS in Appledore are gearing up for the village s annual carnival celebrations this Sunday. The procession, organised by local fund-raising group the Appledore Pirates, will be led by carnival queen Daisy Cox, 11, attendants Olivia Jones, and Rachel
VILLAGERS in Appledore are gearing up for the village's annual carnival celebrations this Sunday.
The procession, organised by local fund-raising group the Appledore Pirates, will be led by carnival queen Daisy Cox, 11, attendants Olivia Jones, and Rachel Quy, both 9, and fairy queens Leah Brent, 7, and Bryn Englehart, 10.
At the helm this year will be pirate, nine-year-old Jake Williams.
The parade sets off from its usual meeting point at Staddon Road at around 4pm and heads down Richmond Road and across the quay to the Seagate Car Park.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are holding a post-carnival party with samba band, stalls, tombola, homemade pasties, sausage rolls and cakes in Irsha Street, between the Beaver Inn and Royal George pubs.
Entertainment will also be provided by local folk band, The Dambuskers, who will be playing in the Beaver.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
A prize giving ceremony will take place at 5.45pm, while a firework display on beach will bring the proceedings to an end at around 9.30pm.
Entry forms are available from Appledore Library or just register on the day at 3pm at the procession meeting point