Appledore's carnival day
VILLAGERS in Appledore are gearing up for the village s annual carnival celebrations this Sunday. The procession, organised by local fund-raising group the Appledore Pirates, will be led by carnival queen Daisy Cox, 11, attendants Olivia Jones, and Rachel
VILLAGERS in Appledore are gearing up for the village's annual carnival celebrations this Sunday.
The procession, organised by local fund-raising group the Appledore Pirates, will be led by carnival queen Daisy Cox, 11, attendants Olivia Jones, and Rachel Quy, both 9, and fairy queens Leah Brent, 7, and Bryn Englehart, 10.
At the helm this year will be pirate, nine-year-old Jake Williams.
The parade sets off from its usual meeting point at Staddon Road at around 4pm and heads down Richmond Road and across the quay to the Seagate Car Park.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are holding a post-carnival party with samba band, stalls, tombola, homemade pasties, sausage rolls and cakes in Irsha Street, between the Beaver Inn and Royal George pubs.
Entertainment will also be provided by local folk band, The Dambuskers, who will be playing in the Beaver.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
A prize giving ceremony will take place at 5.45pm, while a firework display on beach will bring the proceedings to an end at around 9.30pm.
Entry forms are available from Appledore Library or just register on the day at 3pm at the procession meeting point