Appledore's carnival day
VILLAGERS in Appledore are gearing up for the village s annual carnival celebrations this Sunday. The procession, organised by local fund-raising group the Appledore Pirates, will be led by carnival queen Daisy Cox, 11, attendants Olivia Jones, and Rachel
VILLAGERS in Appledore are gearing up for the village's annual carnival celebrations this Sunday.
The procession, organised by local fund-raising group the Appledore Pirates, will be led by carnival queen Daisy Cox, 11, attendants Olivia Jones, and Rachel Quy, both 9, and fairy queens Leah Brent, 7, and Bryn Englehart, 10.
At the helm this year will be pirate, nine-year-old Jake Williams.
The parade sets off from its usual meeting point at Staddon Road at around 4pm and heads down Richmond Road and across the quay to the Seagate Car Park.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are holding a post-carnival party with samba band, stalls, tombola, homemade pasties, sausage rolls and cakes in Irsha Street, between the Beaver Inn and Royal George pubs.
Entertainment will also be provided by local folk band, The Dambuskers, who will be playing in the Beaver.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
A prize giving ceremony will take place at 5.45pm, while a firework display on beach will bring the proceedings to an end at around 9.30pm.
Entry forms are available from Appledore Library or just register on the day at 3pm at the procession meeting point