Appledore Middle Dock plan unveiled
PLANS for the redevelopment of Appledore s Middle Dock were unveiled to the public for the first time at an exhibition on Saturday. Villagers were given the chance to view proposals to transform the site with 23 new homes and a boathouse and storage facil
PLANS for the redevelopment of Appledore's Middle Dock were unveiled to the public for the first time at an exhibition on Saturday.
Villagers were given the chance to view proposals to transform the site with 23 new homes and a boathouse and storage facilities for Appledore and Torridge Pilot Gig Club.
The all-day exhibition at St Mary's Church Hall, held by Taunton-based developer Strongvox Homes, was well-attended, with around 50 people through the door in the first hour-and-a-half.
Strongvox, which built 30 homes in Abbotsham Road, Bideford in 2005, has been working with site owners Evans Transport on the plans for nearly four years.
You may also want to watch:
Director Robert Alford said the exhibition was held to give local people an early insight into the emerging proposals for the site before an application is made to planners.
"We have received quite a bit of technical input from the Local Authority and consultees during the last three-or-four months and hope to submit a planning application in the next four weeks," he said.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
The energy-efficient mix of flats and three and four bedroom homes are expected to be sold from �150,000 to �400,000, while the purpose-built boathouse will provide much-need facilities for the gig club.
"The new boathouse will provide the gig club with everything they need under one roof," said Mr Alford.
"We believe it will be the first modern purpose-built gig club of its kind; I certainly don't know of any other facility like this anywhere else in the West Country."