Appledore lifeboat open day
THERE is an invitation to see the boats and meet the crew at an open day at Appledore Lifeboat Station. The event is being held on Sunday, July 25, from 10am to 4pm. Visitors will be able to see the station s inshore and D-class boats, the tractors and
THERE is an invitation to see the boats and meet the crew at an open day at Appledore Lifeboat Station.
The event is being held on Sunday, July 25, from 10am to 4pm.
Visitors will be able to see the station's inshore and D-class boats, the tractors and tour the lifeboat house.
While the new Tamar-class all-weather lifeboat will not be accessible as she is on her moorings in the river, she will be visible from the riverbank and crew members will be happy to tell all about her.
You may also want to watch:
There will be cream teas in the lifeboat house and free goodie bags for children, while the stocks last.
Visitors are asked to use the village's main car park and not park at the lifeboat station as the area needs to be clear in case of an emergency call out.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land