Appledore lifeboat open day
THERE is an invitation to see the boats and meet the crew at an open day at Appledore Lifeboat Station. The event is being held on Sunday, July 25, from 10am to 4pm. Visitors will be able to see the station s inshore and D-class boats, the tractors and
THERE is an invitation to see the boats and meet the crew at an open day at Appledore Lifeboat Station.
The event is being held on Sunday, July 25, from 10am to 4pm.
Visitors will be able to see the station's inshore and D-class boats, the tractors and tour the lifeboat house.
While the new Tamar-class all-weather lifeboat will not be accessible as she is on her moorings in the river, she will be visible from the riverbank and crew members will be happy to tell all about her.
You may also want to watch:
There will be cream teas in the lifeboat house and free goodie bags for children, while the stocks last.
Visitors are asked to use the village's main car park and not park at the lifeboat station as the area needs to be clear in case of an emergency call out.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer