Appledore lifeboat open day
THERE is an invitation to see the boats and meet the crew at an open day at Appledore Lifeboat Station. The event is being held on Sunday, July 25, from 10am to 4pm. Visitors will be able to see the station s inshore and D-class boats, the tractors and
THERE is an invitation to see the boats and meet the crew at an open day at Appledore Lifeboat Station.
The event is being held on Sunday, July 25, from 10am to 4pm.
Visitors will be able to see the station's inshore and D-class boats, the tractors and tour the lifeboat house.
While the new Tamar-class all-weather lifeboat will not be accessible as she is on her moorings in the river, she will be visible from the riverbank and crew members will be happy to tell all about her.
You may also want to watch:
There will be cream teas in the lifeboat house and free goodie bags for children, while the stocks last.
Visitors are asked to use the village's main car park and not park at the lifeboat station as the area needs to be clear in case of an emergency call out.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty