Appledore Kidz Club off to flying start
- Credit: Archant
Club receives £600 donation boost as it opens in North Devon village.
TWO councillors have clubbed together to give the Appledore Kidz Club a welcome boost of £600.
Councillors Andrew Eastman and Barry Edwards donated £300 each from their annual grant allowance to help the club get off to a flying start.
The club is staffed by local volunteer mums, and opens from Tuesday to Thursday from 3.30pm until 5.30pm.
Pene Haynes, chairman of the group, said: “We’ve used the money to provide training courses for the volunteers - first aid, food hygiene and child protection are all critical to the set up and running of the club.
You may also want to watch:
“It is so wonderful to be part of such a great community so well supported by the local council and community leaders. I cannot say how grateful we are to Andrew Eastman and Barry Edwards for all their support.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton