Appledore has new fire engine
APPLEDORE Fire Station has taken delivery of a new fire appliance. The official handover took place on Saturday when Watch Manager Tony Cole received the keys from area manager Mike Holme. This was followed by the presentation of an employer s recogniti
APPLEDORE Fire Station has taken delivery of a new fire appliance. The official handover took place on Saturday when Watch Manager Tony Cole received the keys from area manager Mike Holme.
This was followed by the presentation of an employer's recognition plaque to Andy Hamilton, director of Babcock Marine, owners of Appledore shipyard, by Torridge District Councillor Andrew Eastman.
Bideford Area Fire Safety Officer Colin Mills said: "We are presenting this plaque to Andy Hamilton to thank Babcock Marine for their outstanding commitment over four decades in allowing their employees to respond to emergency calls in the Appledore area. Thanks to Babcock Marine's willingness to support their employees' dual role, the community of Appledore has had emergency cover throughout the day for many years. Undoubtedly lives have been saved and Babcock Marine's support has made Appledore a much safer place to live."
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is currently interested in recruiting retained firefighters in North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Retained firefighters are not based at a fire station, but are on on standby as they go about their everyday lives. For more information on becoming a retained firefighter phone (01392) 872346/331 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021