Appledore has new fire engine
APPLEDORE Fire Station has taken delivery of a new fire appliance. The official handover took place on Saturday when Watch Manager Tony Cole received the keys from area manager Mike Holme. This was followed by the presentation of an employer s recogniti
APPLEDORE Fire Station has taken delivery of a new fire appliance. The official handover took place on Saturday when Watch Manager Tony Cole received the keys from area manager Mike Holme.
This was followed by the presentation of an employer's recognition plaque to Andy Hamilton, director of Babcock Marine, owners of Appledore shipyard, by Torridge District Councillor Andrew Eastman.
Bideford Area Fire Safety Officer Colin Mills said: "We are presenting this plaque to Andy Hamilton to thank Babcock Marine for their outstanding commitment over four decades in allowing their employees to respond to emergency calls in the Appledore area. Thanks to Babcock Marine's willingness to support their employees' dual role, the community of Appledore has had emergency cover throughout the day for many years. Undoubtedly lives have been saved and Babcock Marine's support has made Appledore a much safer place to live."
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is currently interested in recruiting retained firefighters in North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Retained firefighters are not based at a fire station, but are on on standby as they go about their everyday lives. For more information on becoming a retained firefighter phone (01392) 872346/331 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI