Appledore fireman entering London Marathon
AN Appledore fireman is entering the London Marathon this April to raise money for charity - and hopefully beat the event time set by his brother!
Nick Williams has been a retained fire fighter at Appledore for seven years and will be running the iconic London Marathon on April 17 to raise money for the Fire Fighters Charity, which supports service personnel in need and their families.
“I’m now well into the 18 week training program and I’m beginning to wish I had the bright idea when I was 27 not 47!” said sports mad Nick, who over the years has competed in several sports including swimming, triathlon, three types of motorcycle racing and pilot gig rowing!
“So far my training is going well - yesterday I ran 12 miles and still had enough energy to climb the stairs to the shower.
“My goal is to beat my younger brother’s time of four hours and also raise a lot of money for the charity which is where you all come in, please help me support the Fire Fighters Charity.
You may also want to watch:
You can make donations to support Nick’s marathon fund raising efforts on line at www.justgiving.com/nicholas-williams.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow