Appledore fireman entering London Marathon
AN Appledore fireman is entering the London Marathon this April to raise money for charity - and hopefully beat the event time set by his brother!
Nick Williams has been a retained fire fighter at Appledore for seven years and will be running the iconic London Marathon on April 17 to raise money for the Fire Fighters Charity, which supports service personnel in need and their families.
“I’m now well into the 18 week training program and I’m beginning to wish I had the bright idea when I was 27 not 47!” said sports mad Nick, who over the years has competed in several sports including swimming, triathlon, three types of motorcycle racing and pilot gig rowing!
“So far my training is going well - yesterday I ran 12 miles and still had enough energy to climb the stairs to the shower.
“My goal is to beat my younger brother’s time of four hours and also raise a lot of money for the charity which is where you all come in, please help me support the Fire Fighters Charity.
You may also want to watch:
You can make donations to support Nick’s marathon fund raising efforts on line at www.justgiving.com/nicholas-williams.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online